17123 Manchester Road
Constructed circa 1914
The Pond School, or Old Pond School, has a nearly square footprint. Its roof is gabled front to back, with prominent cross gables facing left and right. The front door is at the left bay of the three-bay façade. The exterior is stucco over a hollow clay tile structure. One of the most important character-defining features of the school is the bank of north-facing windows at the single classroom (at the rear elevation). The building is very thoroughly described in the National Register documentation (2012).
The Pond School is one of the finest examples of a one-teacher schoolhouse in St. Louis County. Its significance to the community and as an example of an architectural type are documented in the National Register nomination.
The Old Pond School is owned by the City of Wildwood and was restored in 2001. Behind the school is a small park, with a playground and rentable pavilion.