Private Log Cabin
Constructed circa 1873
This cabin is believed to have been constructed by Joseph Gimble in 1873 on his property in section 6 of T44/R3, about four miles north of its present location. The St. Onge family bought the property after Joseph's death in 1889, and the cabin was expanded. It remained occupied until 1996. The property is considered significant as an excelent example of its type of construction representing 19th century Wildwood.