Trash & Recycling
19eridian Waste Solutions Waste Connections is the current residential waste hauler for the City under a five-year license agreement which began on August 1, 2019.
Rate Increase for Basic Trash and Yard Waste Service
Waste Connections’ customers will see a scheduled increase in their bills that will arrive around September 1st for the last quarterly billing of 2021. Basic trash service will increase by $1.38/quarter to $50.88/quarter. Yard waste service will increase by $0.30/quarter to $32.67/quarter. The senior discount of 15% will still apply. (Recycling service is included with basic trash service and provided at no additional cost.)
Annual, scheduled rate increases were included in the City of Wildwood’s five-year agreement with Waste Connections to provide residential waste services to Wildwood residents. The agreement began August 1, 2019. If there are questions regarding your bill, you may contact Waste Connections at 636-321-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call the City of Wildwood at 636-458-0440.
General Procedures & Requirements
Please be advised of the following waste collection procedures and requirements:
- Because the start time for Waste Connections may vary from week to week, we recommend that you have all trash, recycle or yard waste at the curb or street frontage on your scheduled collection day no later than 6:30 AM so you won’t be skipped.
- If your trash, recycle or yard waste is not at the curb or street frontage on your scheduled collection day when the truck arrives, Waste Connections will not return that week. (Be advised that truck drivers take time-stamped photos when trash, recycle or yard waste is not at the curb.)
- It is preferred that all trash items are placed in a trash bag and a trash container, with a weight not to exceed 50 pounds. (If you have bulky items, please contact Waste Connections directly to notify them of the items that will be placed at the curb so that they will have the proper manpower to lift items into trucks as needed.) Construction debris will not be accepted.
- Please place all recycle items in the designated 22-gallon bin, 65-gallon toter, or 95-gallon toter.
- Large cardboard boxes must be broken down into manageable sizes for the driver to handle.
- Yard Waste:
- Please place all yard waste items in compostable yard waste bags or trash cans utilized for yard waste. All tree limbs must be bundled in 4-foot long sections with a 6-inch diameter and placed at the curb on the designated pick-up day. No tree roots or dirt will be accepted.
- Trash and Recycling Container Storage and Placement:
- Trash and recycling containers shall be stored in a place not visible from the street which the residential structure faces. Trash and recycling containers shall be placed at the curb or street frontage not more than twelve (12) hours prior to the regularly scheduled collection day. Trash and recycling containers shall be returned to their appropriate storage places no later than 12:00 Midnight on the day of collection.
- For appliance pickup, please contact Waste Connections directly for removal of these items (prices indicated in the following table).
Items Not Accepted
Items that will not be collected include:
- Solid waste and yard waste co-mingled
- Tree roots, dirt / soil, and/or rocks or bricks
- Construction debris
- 55-gallon drums
- Hazardous materials, including but not limited to batteries, and any flammable or combustible liquids or gases.
Missed Service Policy
Waste Connections will address any missed pickups, due to their fault, the following day. Thus, if you believe your service was missed or skipped on your regular scheduled service day, at no fault of your own, please have the applicable materials (trash, yard waste or recycling) at the curb for pickup the following day. For missed pickups that occur on Friday, Waste Connections will pickup on Saturday.
Services & Costs
Pricing for services offered by Waste Connections are as follows:
|Basic Trash Service (curbside, once per week)|| $16.96 per month|
(Senior Rate $14.42) or
$50.88 per quarter
(Senior Rate $43.26 per quarter)
|Recycle Collection (curbside, once per week)||Included at no charge with Basic Trash Service|
|Recycle Container (95 or 65-gallon toter)||Included at no charge with Basic Trash Service|
|Optional - Yard Waste (curbside, once per week)|
- 10 item limit, bags or bundles not to exceed 60 lbs. ($2.00 per additional item)
- Subscription available on a quarterly basis only.)
|$32.67 per quarter|
(Senior Rate - $27.77 per quarter)
Scheduled pick up of Christmas tree disposal is free to all Wildwood residents. Schedule by calling Waste Connections.
(January 1-January 29).
|Optional - 95-gallon Cart Rental (for trash)||$3.15 per month or|
$9.45 per quarter
|Optional - Appliance (White Goods) Collection||$27.50 per month (call or email Waste Connections to schedule pickup)|
|Bulk Items (i.e., furniture, other large items)||Free of charge (call or email Waste Connection to schedule pickup)|
|Construction Remodeling Debris / Carpeting||Please call Waste Connections for pricing|
Holiday Collection Schedule
For each of these holidays, all routes will be delayed by one day.
|New Year’s Day||Friday, January 1, 2021 (Delayed to Saturday)|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 31, 2021 (All pickups delayed one day)|
|Independence Day||Sunday, July 4, 2021 (No delay in pickups)|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 6, 2021 (All pickups delayed one day)|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 25, 2021 (Delayed for Thursday and Friday pickups only)|
|Christmas Day||Saturday, December 25, 2021 (No delays on week prior to Christmas)|
Winter Weather Policy
For assistance with your trash, recycling, or yard waste services, please contact Waste Connections directly at: 636-321-2100 or email: email@example.com