Originally built (1905) as a country home of a wealthy St. Louis Family (the Carr Family). Later used as a clubhouse for the Brewers and Maltsters Benevolent Association. Purchased in 1949 by the Society of Mary and was used as a Novitiate, a provincial lodge and residence for Marianist Brothers. Currently it is a Family Retreat Lodge.
Information courtesy of Marianist Retreat Center as part of the application for placement on the local registry.